Saturday, November 27, 2010

This website deserves its own special post.

Black People Love Us 

Here's why I like it:

Because I did not grow up in Santa Cruz.













I grew up in Sacramento, the Oak Park neighborhood in particular.










And the stuff that comes out of the mouths of these Santa Cruz residents astounds me.
It is the epitome of the unconscious racism of privileged white people.

And it grates on my nerves. I can't imagine being black and having to deal with it.

Like, greeting a black person you happen to have a context with (say, work) with "Hey, homey!" Even if said black person is bougie as hell (yuppie-ish). Sometimes followed up with a









 Or the ever-so-obnoxious touch/pet/etc. of a black person. Is this a friendly gesture? Because it's coming across like an invasive intrusion of personal space. Would you do this:

No comments:

Post a Comment