Thursday, July 8, 2010

Best Ramones Songs Ever



My number one.
The greatest band- bar none. For me- it's gotta be the Ramones. Sure, there are a lot of great bands out there, but for me, it all began with the Ramones.


Original Members: Johnny, Dee Dee, Tommy, and Joey

Through the gateway of the Ramones, I walked into the world of good music.


The longest line-up:
Dee Dee, Joey, Johnny, and Marky

Richie came in on drums for awhile towards the end as well as C.J., on bass.

Brief Ramones discography:
76' Ramones
77' Leave Home, Rocket to Russia
78' Road to Ruin
80' End of the Century
81' Pleasant Dreams
83' Subterranean Jungle
84' Too Tough Too Die
86' Animal Boy
87' Halfway To Sanity
89' Brain Drain
92' Mondo Bizarro
93' Acid Eaters
95' Adios Amigos!



The film Rock N' Roll High School is a must see for any true Ramoney.


However, for those wanting the inside scoop, I also recommend:


The video "Ramones Around The World" has some amazing footage of the Ramones being bombarded by crazy Latin American fans, but lacks slick editing and production value.

Crazy Ramones fans, (such as myself) will cherish this video, but newbies to Ramones may find it a bit boring.

This video, along with "Ramones:Raw" are from Marky Ramones private video recordings. I would reserve these for the hardcore fans.

Of course, what I really love watching over and over was the video collection:


featuring the music videos
  • Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?
  • Rock 'n' Roll High School
  • We Want The Airwaves
  • Psycho Therapy
  • Time Has Come Today
  • Howling at the Moon (Sha-La-La)
  • Something to Believe In
  • I Wanna Live
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Pet Sematary
  • Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)
  • I Believe In Miracles
And so.....
My favorite Ramones Songs of ALL TIME:


10. Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)
9. Garden Of Serenity
8. 53rd and 3rd
7. I Just Want To Have Something To Do

6. Pet Sematary
5. We Want The Airwaves
4. I Believe In Miracles
3. I Don't Want To Live This Life Anymore
2. Poison Heart
1. I Wanna Live


God bless the Cretins everywhere....... *mwah*

GABBA GABBA
love, Dani




No comments:

Post a Comment