Tuesday, August 12, 2014

THE SAINTS - (I'm) Stranded - FULL - 1977



fuck. yes. good memories of being young, crazy, carefree and roaming San Francisco streets in vintage coats,  sta-press pants and filthy sneers. Now days, I am found roaming parks, chasing a toddler, and wearing cheap and/or old clothes that attempt to at least look presentable and clean. Its a small victory if they fit and don't have snot smears at mid thigh height. Meaning, I use to be "punk"and"skin" and now I'm just a fiercely devoted single Mom making miracles happen for my daughter for every need, and most wants, while finishing school, working and shuffling bills below the poverty line.  I don't give a damn that no one can see ---but I'm so much MORE of a badass  because of what I create for my daughter, single handedly. I have an ideal of the kind of Mom I have always wanted to be. Despite the fact that I am doing it by myself, I am rising to the ideal. :)
I wear cheap,old, boring, fashion-less clothes, eat cheap food, am crazy crazy stressed, so my daughter can have good,healthy food, quality clothes, the best academic toys, sensory-science-math-reading-so many freaking books! Boxes and boxes and boxes of toys. An art easel, crayons, chalk, paint, everything. Anything! Gladly.

I would love to have a gym membership. Breastfeeding makes a certain amount of extra weight linger  around- plus I stress eat a bit. I'd like to have a vegan diet like I used to. I would love new clothes- and clothes that are not just "presentable"but that I actually like. BUT--- Bella needs her swim lessons, and music class, and gymnastics. Soon. Soon there may be some extra money for things like that but for now,  I am solely focused on raising my daughter successfully

I don't need to be justified to know my worth. In fact, the validation of others is usually meaningless because so many people are brainwashed idiots by a soul-less, shallow culture and society  that is being run into the ground by Corporatism and greed and the destruction of the planet. Like- celebrating warmer temperatures as the end looms near for life on the planet. Fucking. Idiots. Go listen to the radio's latest bullshit top 20 garbage. I have some records that need spinning. And an adorable little girl to cuddle up with.

p

No comments:

Post a Comment