Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Kept You

Because I loved you all my life.
When sun was the only touch I trusted,
 I loved you.
When violence was the dinner I fed on,
I loved you.
When blood championed fools
And banished love and perseverance,
I loved you.
I loved you enough to wait,
While women scrambled like they were
Meal-ticket-Easy-rider-pride-booster -self-esteem-pusher-doll-notion-man-traps,
I waited.
And I was alone,
With my love for you.
I tried to get ready,
But I was climbing backward escalators.
I tried to make nests,
But he never came or
Never stayed or
Never stayed without violence.
I love you enough to know I still don't have enough.
But you're coming.
And I'm scrambling to hide All the sorrow I'm trudging through,
All that I've failed to do.
But you're coming.
And no matter what comes,
I kept you because,
My whole life,
You were my greatest wish,
My biggest dream,
My constant desire.
I kept you, Because, I have waited my whole life for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment