Saturday, June 4, 2011

drain down limbs, clean, unforgivable.
devised platter turned back
I want space, the empty space.
hiding in the blue cotton,
world spins without
my soft brush of night pastels
canvas lover word lamenting into a burning body
that will not remain dead

I try to keep it hidden
brown skin keeps pricking goose flesh
ready like thanksgiving, oven, oven, 
mouth lips i am ready

and,
when salvation comes like fresh linen
waving in the sun
it carries my own whisper,
traced by the rumble of you.

i am dieing for touch.
i am dieing from touch
i am hiding from touch
i am terrified.

put your inky hands on me anyway.

and touch me whole.
and I will bring the reckoning
of fire from centuries denied
from limbs to lips to legs to 
the undeniable desire of 
a Woman's need
that will break you pleased a thousand pieces
over this challenge
I call 
the shattering of me
and this terrible, terrible fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment