Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Damn

and I'm the fool.

Waiting for a

sure to come.

Everything coming to me
has been like
That chick Precious ain't got nothing on me.

I'm waiting for

the ball to drop

the memory to fade.
the crown to crumble.

I'm waiting for

the streets to open up and swallow me.

Strength of spirit
and
artistic heart

has nothing on fate.

So,

tell me about hope.

I'll whisper about survival.

sell me on gratitude,
I'll sing about solitude.
Preach about blood
I'll scream about the suffering.

tell me the stories
and
I'll tell you

I don't believe

in
good
things
for me.

I got blues in my skin.

It ain't from privilege.

I earned my right to sing the blues.

Wish you were smart enough to tell me
when I could go back
to not believing

in good things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment