Monday, July 19, 2010

Bay Area Free

So, I'm so broke my eyeballs are on fire. I have no idea what that means, but I stand behind that statement. -Like, "fasting as a money saving practice" kinda broke- 

And yet, I am stir crazy from being stuck at home. If I stay home and sleep all the time it does save money, however, it also gets real old real fast.
 For the readers in the Bay Area, did you know that there are a butt-load of free stuff to do around here?
San Francisco Free Days


Free 1st Tuesday of the month
*De Young, Fine Arts Museum, San Francisco
*MoMA, Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco

Free 1st Wednesday of the month
*Exploratorium, science and more center, San Francisco
*Bay Area Discovery Museum, San Francisco

Other:
Free 1st Thursday of month:
 (I can not wait to do this!)


Tomorrow I will be driving to the Marine Headlands for an all day free adventure.
Specifics:
 
*Fort Barry
 From Golden Gate National Recreational Area Website. "Fort Barry is a former 1908 army post, located in the Marin Headlands. Fort Barry encompasses the historic military post, located across the street from the park's Marin Headlands Visitor Center, as well as several historic batteries, including Battery Mendell and Battery Alexander and the Point Bonita Lighthouse area. Come visit this historic area and enjoy the Lagoon and Coastal Trails, the panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and Rodeo Lagoon and explore Point Bonita."

*Marine Mammal Center (link to homepage)

I guess I'm lucky since I actually enjoy this kind of stuff.

 And, I ain't got no kids to tote around. Which at first I thought would be nice-If only *sigh* I had a family to take out to get some "culture"- and then I thought- where I am in life right now is hassle-free, so why the hell am I not out enjoying that fact?!? Poverty is no excuse! Well, it can be an excuse, but, if someone just uses their brains, they can get out and do all kinds of things with no money.

While I was rooting around online for stuff to do tomorrow, a friend called and told me she broke both her heals jumping into a watering hole. She called from the ER. Which brings up another fine point. I am, for whatever reason, blessed with perfect health. I have been without insurance for- well, forever, but have rarely had a problem with that.
Use it or lose it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment